- Category: Optic web ads
- Published on 31 October 2011
- Written by Mount Vernon Optic-Herald
Three hotels, two bed and breakfast inns, and three rural cabin / retreat facilities provide a variety of temporary housing.
- The American Inn is located at 415 East I-30 in Mount Vernon. The facility has 20 guest rooms and opened in 2003. The owner is Gary Patel. Call 903-537-3498 for reservations.
Super 8 Motel
- The Super 8 Motel is located on the South Service Road to I-30, east of Hwy. 37 in Mount Vernon. The facility has 43 guest rooms and opened in March 1996. Call 903-588-2882 for reservations. Sonny Patel is the owner.
Deer Lake Cabins
- Deer Lake Cabins is a family-owned property nestled on over 800 secluded acres at the Double S Ranch, a real working Quarter and Paint horse ranch, adjacent to Lake Cypress Springs. Nine different cabins accommodate two to 12 people. The facility is located at 838 Kings Country Boulevard, Scroggins, Tex. 75480, phone (903) 860-3898. Check for details on their website at www.deerlakecabins.com.
Economy Inn of Mount Vernon
- The Mount Vernon Inn is located on the north service road of I-30 at Spur 423. The motel has 25 open rooms with low AARP and trucker rates. Contact the office at 903-537-2310, 24-hours a day. Jay Patel is the manager.
Purley Gates Lodge and Retreat Center
Seven Gables Bed and Breakfast
- The Selah Inn is located on county road NE1050, 9.5 miles north of Interstate 30 (1/4 mile past Lake Chapel Church). The inn is a 17,000 square foot Austin stone and timber main house completed in 1999. In 2003, one, two and three bedroom cottages were added. The facilities can sleep 40. A 5,000 sq. ft. “Meeting House” was opened in 2006, with a full kitchen, meeting rooms for 20 to 70 people, dressing area and gazebo / garden area. Contact David or Candy Hickerson at 903-632-1122, by fax at 903-632-2233 and at www.selahranch.com.
Walleye Park Cabins
- 5 Cabins located in Walleye Park. 732 SE CR 4220, 903-860-2692, cabins can accommodate up to 4 people.