- Category: Public Notices
- Published on 17 March 2010
- Written by Mount Vernon Optic-Herald
ORDER CALLING AN ELECTION
THE STATE OF TEXAS
COUNTY OF TITUS
TRI SPECIAL UTILITY DISTRICT
THEREFORE, BE IT ORDERED BY THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF TRI SPECIAL UTILITY DISTRICT:
1) That a board election for 3 directors shall be held between the hours of 7:00A.M. and 7:00P.M. Saturday May 08, 2010 in said District in a joint election with the City of Mount Pleasant, Mount Pleasant Independent School District, Titus County Hospital District d/b/a Titus Regional Medical Center, Harts Bluff Independent School District and Northeast Texas Community College at:
Titus County Civic Center, 1800 North Jefferson, Mount Pleasant, Texas which lies within the boundaries of the district.
2) That early voting shall be conducted by personal appearance and by mail at the Titus County Elections Administrator’s Office, 110 South Madison-Ste C, Mount Pleasant, Texas 75455, and during the period early voting is required or permitted by law being April 26, 2010 through May 04, 2010, the hours designated for early voting by personal appearance shall be from 8:00A.M. to 5:00P.M. on each day except Saturdays, Sundays and legal state holidays, and the early voting clerk shall keep said early voting place open during such hours for early voting by personal appearance. The official mailing address for the Early Voting Clerk is: Leonard Rockwell, Early Voting Clerk, 110 South Madison-Ste C, Mount Pleasant, Texas 75455.
3) That applications for ballot by mail or an FPCA (Federal Postcard Application) must be received no later than the close of business on April 30, 2010.
4) That all resident, qualified voters of said District shall be entitled to vote at said election.
5) That a substantial copy of the Order shall serve as proper Notice of said election, and the President of the Board of Directors shall cause said Notice to be published one time, not earlier that the 30th day or later than the 10th day prior to the date set for the election, in a newspaper published in said District or, if none is published in said District, in a newspaper of general circulation in said District.
6) That in the election for District Board of Directors’ three positions to be held on Saturday, May 08, 2010 the directors will be elected by plurality vote pursuant to the Election Code.
Rodney Glenn, President
Board of Directors
Tri Special Utility District
February 16, 2010
(TRI SUD 32-1tc 10)