- Category: Public Notices
- Published on 01 August 2012
- Written by Mount Vernon Optic-Herald
1. Mount Vernon ISD offers career and technology education programs in vocational programs at Mount Vernon High School.
Admission to these programs is based on interest and aptitude, age appropriateness, and class space availability.
2. It is the policy of Mount Vernon ISD not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex or handicap in its vocational programs, services or activities as required by Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended; Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972; and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended.
3. Mount Vernon ISD will take steps to assure that lack of English language skills will not be a barrier to admission and participation in all educational and vocational programs.
4. For information about your rights or grievance procedures, contact the Title IX Coordinator, John Kaufman, at 501 Highway 37 S, 903-537-2546 ext 1212, and/or the Section 504 Coordinator, David Rains, at 501 Highway 37 S, 903-537-2546 ext 1216.