NOTICE OF REQUIREMENT TO COMPLY WITH THE
SUBDIVISION SERVICE EXTENSION POLICY OF
CYPRESS SPRINGS SPECIAL UTILITY DISTRICT
Pursuant to Chapter 13.2502 of the Texas Water Code, Cypress Springs Special Utility District hereby gives notice that any person who subdivides land by dividing any lot, tract, or parcel of land, within the service area of Cypress Springs Special Utility District Certificate of Convenience and Necessity No. 10532, in Franklin County, into two or more lots or sites for the purpose of sale or development, whether immediate or future, including re-subdivision of land for which a plat has been filed and recorded or requests more than two water or sewer service connections on a single contiguous tract of land must comply with "Subdivision Policy" contained in Cypress Springs Special Utility District Service Policy.
Cypress Springs Special Utility District is not required to extend retail water or sewer utility service to a service applicant in a subdivision where the developer of the subdivision has failed to comply with the Subdivision Policy.
Among other requirements, the subdivision Policy requires:
Applicable elements of the Subdivision Policy, depending on the specific circumstances of the subdivision service, may include:
- Evaluation by Cypress Springs Special Utility District of the impact a proposed subdivision service extension will make on Cypress Springs Special Utility District water supply system and payment of the costs of this evaluation;
- Payment of reasonable costs or fees by the developer for providing water supply capacity;
- Payment of fees for reserving water supply capacity.
- Forfeiture of reserved water supply capacity for failure to pay applicable fees;
- Payment of costs of any improvements to Cypress Springs Special Utility District system that are necessary to provide the water service.
- Construction according to design approved by Cypress Springs Special Utility District and dedication of the developer of water facilities within the subdivision following inspection.
Cypress Springs Special Utility District Service Policy and a map showing the service area may be reviewed at the office located at 114 Farm Road 115 Mt. Vernon Texas; the policy and service area map also are filed on record at the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality in Austin, Texas and may be reviewed by contacting the TCEQ, c/o Utility Rates and Services (Certification and Rate Design) Section, Water Utility Division, P.O. Box 13087, Austin, Texas 78711.