Sat09192020

Last updateFri, 18 Sep 2020 1pm

Back You are here: Home News News Garage fire

News

Garage fire

Mount Vernon Fire Chief Kenneth Cupp and other members of the department examine a plastic tub after a fire was extinguishedMount Vernon Fire Chief Kenneth Cupp and other members of the department examine a plastic tub after a fire was extinguished at the home of Troy and Samantha Duncan on Mockingbird Circle on Wednesday, July 29.

Debris from a painting project, as well as dust, had been placed in the tub, which was in the garage. Mrs. Duncan noticed the fire that was captured on a security camera while she was away from home. She alerted authorities, who were able to quickly douse the flames and save the home from damage.